The mission of Travelers Aid Society is to provide homeless individuals and families with individualized supportive services and tailored housing solutions with a goal of obtaining and maintaining affordable housing.
• Help people gain access to permanent housing
• Utilize our case management and expand our prevention programs to help people live as independently as possible.
• Develop innovative programs to reduce the need for emergency systems of care in the community.
• Build alliances with affordable housing providers and other organizations that serve homeless individuals and families.
Our vision is to provide leadership in the human service field and exemplary delivery of human services through dedicated staff and dependable partnerships resulting in our clients successfully achieving independence.
TASMD is an international 501(c)3 non-profit human services organization. We have helped the community of Detroit since 1923, and currently assist our community in the following ways:
• Permanent supportive housing for homeless or adults at-risk of losing housing
• Resources for adults with disabilities and/or their family members (disabilities can include, but are not limited to; mental illness, drug/alcohol addiction, HIV/AIDS and physical disabilities)
• Emergency assistance to those in need of supportive services
• Workforce readiness and job placement